Protect the ones you love…
Why should I buy Crimsafe security screens?
Because Crimsafe security screens will actually protect your home and your family from intruders and would-be thieves.
Crimsafe screws and clamps the mesh deep into the frame using a unique device called the “Screw-Clamp™”. Most other security screen mesh systems sold in Australia are held in place with a wedge forced in under pressure, or are simply glued in.
Crimsafe is a highly trusted Australian brand …and for good reason… Crimsafe are the original inventors of stainless steel security windows and doors in Australia.
Protect your family, property or business with Crimsafe
More differences between Crimsafe and the rest of the “me too” products:
1. We use Structural Grade 304 stainless steel. Others use 316 marine grade stainless steel. We use 304 because it performs better in security applications.
304 structural grade stainless steel remains stronger AND absorbs more energy in an attack situation. 316 needs to be tempered higher (i.e: the process of heat treating to increase the toughness of iron-based alloys) than 304 to gain its ability to be hard enough to pass the Australian Standards Knife Shear Test. This makes 0.8mm diameter 316 product more brittle, by being less able to absorb energy and change form without breaking, than 0.9mm diameter 304 product.
Uncoated 316 marine grade stainless steel has a higher resistance to corrosion when immersed in salt-water (which is why it is called marine grade). However; in security applications, where high grade pre-treatment and high durability powder coating has been applied, corrosion resistance levels of 316 and 304 are almost exactly the same.
Our high grade pre-treatment and high durability powder coat technologies will also ensure a premium finish that lasts for years.
2. We use thicker mesh. You get more metal for your money. The strands of mesh in Crimsafe are 0.9mm thick. The majority of other products use 0.8mm strands. This means even though the difference cannot be seen with the naked eye, our mesh is actually 26.5% cross sectionally thicker than the others making this an all-round stronger wire.
3. Passes more tests. Crimsafe leads the industry, passing the following tests:
- Exceeds security screen impact levels, withstanding a singular impact of up to 1200 joules of energy (commercial screen)
- Attained 3,000 hours in the prohesion accelerated salt spray and cyclic test – the equivalent of 30 years exposure to the elements, with no sign of corrosion, no loss of adhesion and no blistering
- 44m/s windborne cyclonic debris screening
PLUS Crimsafe is WERS rated in a number of typical aluminium window applications to reduce solar heat gain in your home by up to 53%.
4. Santoprene Frame Bead. The unique design of the insulating Frame Bead ensures that dirt and grime will not build up on the edge of the screen frame. The angled Santoprene rubber allows rainwater to wash away airborne particles that build up on the screen and stops it collecting on the top edge of the screen frame. Therefore reducing any chance of the dissimilar metals being connected and in turn stopping electrolysis from occurring.
To find out more about Crimsafe or see and test a sample yourself, simply enter your postcode into the box above and contact one of our licensed manufacturers.